The auto-discovery function allows you to automatically scan, find and describe devices within the building's device infrastructure.
All the user has to do is scan the network and authorize the devices to be added to the system to start monitoring them and building automation rules in ConnectorIO.
Benefits of the auto-discovery process:
- full automation of device detection,
- saving time necessary to describe devices in the network (usually takes a lot of System Integrator's time),
- automatic recognition of device functionality (input/output channels) - just start using the device's features right-away,
- the ability to quickly and easily enable or disable specific device functions in the system (authorize/de-authorize).
Below you will find information on the compatibility of protocols / devices with the automatic detection of devices and their properties in ConnectorIO (auto-discovery, or so-called plug & play).
Auto-discovery feature compatibility
Below you will find informations about the compatibilty of each protocol/device with the device auto-discovery feature in ConnectorIO (or so-called plug & play).
* Automated - with an additional description or data source, the whole process can be done with minimal effort.
* Possible - feasible, not yet implemented.
* Template - you can create a device template and define it with one click.
* "Homie IoT" - An MQTT Convention for IoT/M2M - more informations: https://homieiot.github.io/
Supported system integrations
® Registered trademarks - all brands and logos mentioned are registered trademarks belonging to their respective owners.